Being and Doing - NLP Matters, Episode #003
When you’ve clearly defined what you want to HAVE, it’s time to go back and to think about who you need to BE and what you need to DO to achieve that outcome.
In this episode, we’re going to drill into a bit more detail about the BE and DO part of the BE-DO-HAVE Model. With all these three components in alignment, you will ensure you get the outcome that you want to achieve and be well on your pathway to success.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Here are some key takeaways from this episode:
- The BE-DO-Have Model provides us with three essential keys that we need to focus on and be clear about if we really hope to achieve success in our lives and get the lives we want to have.
- Busy-ness often becomes part of a person’s identity. When you are engaged in “doing” all the time, the important thing is to ask yourself if it is sustainable. How does it relate to your definition of yourself as a person, and who are you actually being when you’re busy all the time?
- Focus on what you want to have. When you’ve clearly defined the outcomes that you want to achieve using sensory specific information, it’s time go back to what is it that you are going to DO and who is that you are going to BE to be able to deliver on that outcome that you have specified.
- Keep learning like a child. Having that insatiable curiosity, taking onboard feedback, adapting, and being determined to achieve the outcome, are some of the attributes of being a learner that we can learn from children.
- Think about what you’re doing in terms of the ecology of it. How does that impact you as the person you are being and how does it impact others? Is it sustainable? Is it good for you and for others?
- Part of what you need to do once you’re clear about who you need to be is to try and work how you can become someone you are not yet. Look at some really good models. Find people who have the outcomes that you want to have and study them.
- Access as many models as you can. In that way, you can be clear about who you are becoming in pursuit of the outcome you’ve decided you want to have.
- When we focus purely and solely on the doing, it’s easy to lose sight of whether this process or activity that we are investing time and energy in is in fact, getting us closer to our goal. It’s important to focus on what you want to have as an outcome. Ask yourself, are you on track or off track? Is what you are doing getting you closer to the outcome you want to achieve or not? Because if it’s not, it’s time to change what you are doing.
- When you are a person with behavioral flexibility, when you’re adapting so that you’re focused on achieving the outcome rather than focusing solely on the inputs, you are much able to build the success that you want to have, whether it be in business or in your life.
- Make sure that what you do aligns with you and with others in terms of values and beliefs. Make sure that there is congruence between who you are being, what you are doing, and what you get to have, and you’ll be well on your pathway to success.
Listen to the Podcast
As your trainer, mentor and coach, Joanne brings a wealth of experience and commitment to supporting people to achieve their full potential.
With senior management experience leading and managing large teams in business, government and community, Joanne has mastered and applied her transformational leadership model to inspire and motivate teams and individuals to accomplish and deliver outstanding results and achieve their dreams.
Certified Trainer of NLP; Master Practitioner NLP, Hypnotherapy & Matrix Therapies; Performance Coach; Cert IV Coaching; Advanced Practitioner in Coaching; Cert IV in Business; BA(Hons); Majors in Sociology and Psychology; Parent Education Leadership Training (PELT) Certificate; Mother of four children; Private Pilot (PPL); Diploma in Life Coaching