Over the past six episodes, we have been exploring the NLP Five Principles for Success.
We said at the start of our journey through the Five Principles of Success that with NLP we could study and decode the patterns of thinking, strategies and techniques that are shared by successful people. Using NLP modelling strategies, we discover that it is possible to follow them on our very own path to success. They have made the journey so much easier for us, leading the way and, because we can learn from the best and replicate what successful people have done we absolutely can achieve success for ourselves.
Following the five success principles gives us a structure that we can use over and over and over again, with the aim to have this structure unconsciously ingrained in everything we do, because every time we do use this structure, we build our neural “muscles”, and so, we begin to master the art and science of setting and achieving our goals.
In this episode, we’re going to put the five principles together and get to see just how powerful a package this is in achieving our dreams and goals.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Here are some key takeaways from this episode:
The Five Principles of Success are:
- Knowing Your Outcome – This means you are REALLY clear about where you are going, your goal.
- Taking Action – No goal can be reached without action. You are not only taking action, but you are taking specific targeted action that will bring you closer to your goal.
- Sensory Acuity – You use our sensory acuity to see and confirm if we are on course.
- Behavioural Flexibility – This is especially important if you are not on track. You must bring the behavioural flexibility to change what you are doing to get back on track. If however, your check confirms that your actions are on track then you can keep doing what you are doing with some confidence that you are making the progress you planned for.
- The Physiology and Psychology of Excellence – this principle highlights how success successful people have a way of being that supports their success. This principle brings home the importance of not just what you do to achieve success, but also how fundamentally, it is who you are being, that is the difference that makes the difference.
Putting these five principles into practice together as a package can really mean that you can achieve your goals much easier and much more often. I invite you to take a goal you have for yourself and take these principles out for a spin.
In the next episode, we’ll begin a new topic that really gets to the specifics of turning your dream into a reality as we begin our exploration of the Keys to an Achievable Outcome.