Five Success Principles - NLP Matters, Episode #010
In this episode, we’ll turn our attention to what is perhaps the most fundamental component of building your successful life by following a proven recipe that is used by successful people all over the world - The Five Success Principles.
The Five Success Principles is a model which has been studied, analyzed, modeled, and recorded as a powerful NLP technique for us all to follow. Whether you want success in your business, relationships, family, health, or any other area of your life, and no matter how specifically you define success, following this formula gives us the structure to consistently deliver the results we want.
Listen to the podcast to learn more.
Listen to the Podcast
Here are some key takeaways from this episode:
- The Five Success Principles is a fundamental component of building a successful life and that follows a proven recipe used by successful people all over the world.
- The Five Success Principles is a model that has been studied, analyzed, modeled, and recorded as a powerful NLP technique for us to follow. Whether you want success in your business, relationships, family, health, or any other area of your life, and no matter how specifically you define success, following this formula gives you the structure to consistently deliver the results that you want.
- NLP is the study, decoding, and recording of patterns of excellence, that we can all model from the experts.
- People who achieved success on their own terms all tend to be passionate. They know that following their plan and doing what needs to be done will ultimately result in them having a clearly defined ultimate purpose or goal that they've started out to achieve.
- Passion, planning, and purpose - all three are essential components that propel us forward towards the future we want.
- Start with the end in mind, your ultimate destination. Many people fall down from the start because they have not really clearly defined their purpose or goal. If this end is not clearly and specifically defined, it makes achieving our ultimate purpose or goal very, very difficult.
- Planning maps your journey to success.
- Passion provides the fuel in your tank. It is the energy you need to make the journey and arrive. It is the force that is with you that makes you become unstoppable.
- When put together, the Five Success Principles act as a roadmap that guides us towards achieving our goals.
- The first of the Five Success Principles is knowing your outcome. Clearly define what is your ultimate goal.
- The second success principle is taking action. It’s not enough to want something. You have to do something to get it. You need to take massive action in order to achieve your goal.
- The third principle is having sensory acuity. You need to notice if you are on track or off track in achieving your goal. If the things you are doing and the behaviours you are practicing are getting you closer to your goal, then, keep doing those. If not, then, it’s time to review your strategies and maybe choose some different ways to take action.
- The fourth principle is having behavioural flexibility. Being flexible and knowing how to adapt our behaviours are important to ensure that we are staying on track.
- The final principle for success is adopting a physiology and psychology of excellence.
Over the next few weeks, we're going to explore these five principles in detail so that you can really understand how specifically you can utilize each of these principles to greatly enhance your capability to achieve your goals and build the successful life that you've decided you want to have.
In our next episode, we will focus quite specifically on the first of the five principles of success, knowing your outcome.
Listen to the Podcast
As your trainer, mentor and coach, Joanne brings a wealth of experience and commitment to supporting people to achieve their full potential.
With senior management experience leading and managing large teams in business, government and community, Joanne has mastered and applied her transformational leadership model to inspire and motivate teams and individuals to accomplish and deliver outstanding results and achieve their dreams.
Certified Trainer of NLP; Master Practitioner NLP, Hypnotherapy & Matrix Therapies; Performance Coach; Cert IV Coaching; Advanced Practitioner in Coaching; Cert IV in Business; BA(Hons); Majors in Sociology and Psychology; Parent Education Leadership Training (PELT) Certificate; Mother of four children; Private Pilot (PPL); Diploma in Life Coaching